NEED A COMPUTER?
We have partnered with Renewed Computer Technology, Electronic Recycling Association and Corporations for Community Connections to help provide access to affordable technology to families and communities!
If you need a computer for school or work, you can get a renewed basic desktop package with monitor, keyboard and mouse for $60.00, upgraded desktop package for $200 or an upgraded laptop package for $250.00. The renewed computers will come with Windows 10 and MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneNote plus learning software.
We are also starting our #LGTTechCollect Drives. Through this we also hope to have some laptops available free of charge available this fall. More details to follow.
In order to successfully complete your RCT application,
please contact Alison Canning at firstname.lastname@example.org
Individuals and families approved for the computer will also have direct access to Rogers Connect for Success program that provides low cost internet service to families in need.
- 2-year depot warranty provided by RCT included (batteries not covered by warranty).
- Computers may not appear exactly as shown
- Ethernet cables are NOT included
- The shipping charges are to deliver the computers and laptops to our location. Participants will need to arrange a pick up from our area on a deisgnated day and time.
How does it work? Who qualifies? How to apply?
You will need to send us a proof that you are a resident of Ontario and are low income individual. We will check if you qualify using the Census before tax cut-off amounts and ask you for proof of income for eligibility purposes (as required by RCT).
If you meet the requirements, we will contact you to help you fill out online application form over the phone using a special code.
You will then be given instructions to make your payment directly to RCT using either debit VISA, most major credit cards, or money order. Cash or personal cheques cannot be accepted.
It will take approximately 4 to 6 weeks for RCT to have the computers ready. They will be shipped to our location for distribution. We will schedule a specific day and location for everyone to pick up the computers. A short training session is offered at specified pick up locations.
Who is eligible?
- 1 person family = 25,338
- 2 persons family = 31,544
- 3 persons family = 38,780
- 4 persons family = 47,084
- 5 persons family = 53,402
- 6 persons family = 60,228
- 7 persons or more = 67,055
Acceptable forms of Government Photo ID:
- Ontario Photo ID card
- Drivers license
- Canadian Passport
- Health Card
- Refugee Protection Claimant document
For more information on eligibility, please refer to RCT's General Program frequently asked questions
Acceptable forms of proof of income*:
Most recent proof of financial assistance from:
- Ontario Works (OW)
- Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)
- Employment Insurance in the form of a benefit statement
- Current OSAP statement of funding
- Second Career agreement
- Refugee Payment from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRC)
*Note: Payslips/Paystubs, bank statements, T4s are NOT accepted.
• Current Notice of Assessment prepared by Revenue Canada. Compare your income against the Low Income Cut-Off Standards.
• Supporting letter for the application (Please contact us for more information)
BASIC DESKTOP PACKAGE
- Fee: $60 + $20 door to door delivery
- Dual Core
- 4 GB RAM
- 160 GB Hardrive
- Includes: Windows 10, Monitor, Microsoft Office, Power Supply, Sound Card, Ethernet and WiFi Adapter
UPGRADED DESKTOP PACKAGE
- Fee: $200 + $20 door to door delivery
- i5 (minimum spec)
- 8 GB RAM
- 500 GB
- Includes: Windows 10, 22" Monitor, Microsoft Office, Power Supply, Sound Card, Ethernet and WiFi Adapter
UPGRADED LAPTOP PACKAGE
- Fee: $250 + $20 door to door delivery
- i5 (minimum spec)
- 8 GB RAM
- 500 GB
- Includes: Windows 10 and MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneNote plus learning software
All computer systems are covered under RCT ‘no hassle’, 2 years parts and labour depot warranty.
If you have any issues, contact RCT directly.
Please refer to RCT Warranty F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions) for more information on the warranty.
Free training materials are installed on each computer system. These tools enable RCTech OUTREACH & Computers for Schools ON participants to enhance their general computer knowledge as well as increase their skill set with the flexibility of learning at your own pace.
Computer availability and application processing is based on a first-come, first-served basis.
VISIT RCT WEBSITE FOR MORE DETAILS.
Contact us at email@example.com or call 416-302-8349 if you are interested in applying for a desktop or laptop or have questions about this initiative.